Thursday, May 16, 2013

Delta Fusion 82


There was a fair bit of information on the new Delta fusion nib as early as last September. I only managed to test drive this nib only in early April.

It has replaced my daily writer Namiki Yukari Royal for the last 7 weeks.

Firstly, I would have to agree to most users that the nib look really cool. I couldn’t say for the pen outlook. The pen design itself doesn’t really stand out among other modern pens.
What really interest me is Delta has taken a nib making to level higher. They managed to successfully piggy back a 18K plate on a steel nib, which they claim will give you an excellent writing experience.
The Delta fusion nib reminded me of the Jaeger-LeCoultre Atmos clock.

In my opinion, Jaeger-LeCoulture is the most innovative of all Swiss watchmakers. This technically brilliant Jaeger-LeCoultre Atmos clock was created back in 1920.

It is a clock that runs on natural resources, no battery or hand winding is needed. Within the “sealed” Jaeger-LeCoultre Atmos clock is a mixture of gas which will expand and contracts with respect to the environment temperature.

The clock is powered by this variation of gas. We can technically say the Jaeger-LeCoultre Atoms clock is “run on air”.

Later, it was to my horrible that it doesn’t really work in my previous environment. It is likely due to a “almost” no change in the air temperature.

After using the Delta Fusion 82 for 7 weeks, I can honestly say it is a very smooth writer till date. I have not experience any skipping problem and not as wet as my Graf Von Faber Castel, which is perfect for me.

… but I could not really tell what is the effect the 18K plate has on the steel nib.
… but I am still a happy Delta Fusion 82 owner and user.

No comments:

Post a Comment